Winter brings challenging road conditions ranging from heavy winds, crazy rain, black ice, and if we’re lucky, snow. Healthy Living Chiropractic and Wellness Center wants to make sure that if you are unfortunately involved in an accident you are well prepared for the incident. Here are a few things you should always have packed in your car:
3. Registration and insurance information
4. Flare or other reflective devise
Steps to take if you are involved in an accident:
1. Make sure it is safe to get out of the car, but first make sure you and your passengers are alright…Always dial 911 if there is an injury!
2. Get the other drivers license and registration information as well as phone number and address
3. Take pictures of the accident scene
4. Get phone numbers from any witnesses if possible
5. Call your insurance company as soon as you are safe to report the accident. It is important you get a claim number from your insurance so that chiropractic, acupuncture, and massage benefits will be taken care of so you don’t have to pay out of pocket.
Steps to take the following day
1. Contact DMV and see if you need to fill out any forms about the accident
2. Make an appointment to have a chiropractor or medical doctor perform an exam as soon after the accident as possible. Even minor physical problems should be mentioned; they may develop into serious injuries. This info can be used for lawsuit purposes.
We hope all of you have a safe Holiday Season!!!
Dr. Katanah and Staff